The West Virginia Regional Jail was established in 1985 by West Virginia Legislature. Its basic purpose is to provide the safe, humane care and security for the persons who are incarcerated by the court. Regional jails provide pre-trail defendants and persons sentenced for less than one year. Inmates in the regional jail include both male and female. You can apply for the job at the West Virginia Regional Jail for the available posts through the official platform. You simply have to fill an application form depending on the fulfillment of eligibility criteria. Go through given procedure to apply for job online.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria To Apply For Job At West Virginia Regional Jail?
For the job application at the West Virginia Regional Jail you have to fulfill the following requirements:
- You must have passed the drug screening test, correctional officer test and physical agility test.
- You must hold a high school diploma or GED.
- You should owe a valid driving license.
- You must be 21 years old and US resident.
- You need to have a Law Enforcement Certification.
What Is The Detailed Procedure To Apply For The Employment At West Virginia Regional Jail?
Go through the given set of instructions in order to apply for the job at West Virginia Regional Jail:
- First of all turn on your operating system and open the available web browser.
- Then type e given URL in the search bar of the web browser to access the website of West Virginia Jail.
- After typing the URL press the button of “Enter” from your key board to open the home page of website.
- In the next step as the home page of the website opens you have to locate the tab which will be labeled as “Employment”. Click on the tab to start the process of application.
- Now you will be directed to a new page where you will be shown the eligibility criteria of the job, benefits and salary package of the job.
- You have to click on the link which is labeled as “Click Here” to get an access to the application form.
- By clicking on the above option you will be taken to new web page where you have to fill out the application form.
- In the first section you need to give the personal details like enter your full name in the first box and then give the email id in the next box.
- Now fill out the section of contact details by providing your address in the given space followed by mentioning your contact number in next blank.
- Give the name of your country in the next field.
- In the next step select the position of interest for which you are applying by picking the option from the drop down list.
- Choose the location of employment from the given options in drop down list. You have to select wisely because you will get the job in selected area.
- Then select the second preferred location for the job from the available options as it will be used as your second priority.
- Answer the question by selecting any option from drop down menu that how did you hear about this open position?
- In the last step you have to click on the option of “Submit” to give your application form to the department for further processing but if you don’t want to submit then click on the button of “Cancel”.
What Will Be Next Step After Submission Of Job Application?
Your application will be reviewed after submission and then a person from HR Department will contact you within two working days and then he will assist you in completing the employment process.
What Are The Benefits For The Job Of Correctional Officer At West Virginia Regional Jail?
Following benefits are offered for the job of Correctional Officer at WVRJ:
- $22,500+ as a starting salary
- $1000 in the form of given benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, paid holidays, annual/ sick leaves.
- Opportunities for advancement.
Would The Provided Information In The Application Be Kept Confidential?
Yes the provided information for the job application will be kept confidential by the company. Applicant can share the details confidently as this information will be used only for the job purpose. So you can easily share the contact details and the personal information as asked in the application to complete the form properly.
Which Types Of Job Are Offered At West Virginia Regional Jail?
The West Virginia Regional Jail offers the following kinds of jobs:
- Deputy Sheriff.
- Detention officers.
- Correctional Officers.
Beside these few other posts are also available for the public to apply for them.
What Are The Ways To Contact The West Virginia Regional Jail?
Following are the basic possible ways to contact the West Virginia Regional Jail:
- First you can contact us by calling at the given number 304-5582-110 and talk to our representative to get the required assistance. You can call us at any time as this service is available throughout the day.
- You can contact us by sending a mail to given mailing address West Virginia Regional Jail 1325 Virginia, Street East Charleston West Virginia 25301.
- You can also contact us at our social media website and get the help from there. For connecting on social media follow the given links: